- Web Developer
- Toronto, ON
Daniel Carlyle is a Web Developer with more than 10 years of experience writing, editing, designing, developing and maintaining content for the web.
A Web Professional with 10 plus years experience maintaining and updating company websites in a variety of sectors - non-profit, financial, government, agency and corporate.
I enjoy all things web-related and seek to constantly learn new web languages and evolve my skill set, as the industry evolves and changes.
Web Design, Development and Maintenance at Humber College
2011 – 2011 Toronto, Canada
Certificate in Web Design, Development and Maintenance.
Communications Diploma at MacEwan University
2007 – 2007 Edmonton, Canada
Communications/Public Relations after degree from MacEwan University
Bachelor of Arts at University of Alberta
1997 – 2000 Edmonton, Canada
Bachelor of Arts – Major in History/ Minor in English
Senior Web Developer at RTOERO
October 10, 2017 – Present Toronto, ON
Develop new custom WordPress themed websites based on Sketch mockups and wireframes.
Update existing pages on Drupal/WordPress CMS and train content editors on publishing to the web.
Design custom landing pages and microsites for individual campaigns.
Analyze Google Analytics (GA) and HotJar heatmaps for tracking analytics and metrics. Set up goals in Google Tag Manager and GA.
Sync registration forms (using Form Site/New Mode/HTML forms) to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Freelance Web Designer at Freelance Web Designer (Self-employed)
July 2016 – Present Los Angeles/Toronto
• Webmaster for www.kouraba.org and www.shawboxing.com, updating and editing content using WordPress and customization of themes.
• Responsible for the complete graphic design and development of company websites.
• Created and edited original graphics, banners and sliders.
• Designed Logos for KGD Global and Regulus Engineering.
• Complete responsive website design and development for client websites (i.e., www.kgdglobal.com, www.regulusengineering,com).
Web Designer (Contract Position) at AIDS Healthcare Foundation
June 2016 – September 2016 Los Angeles, CA
• Regular daily maintenance of domestic and affiliate AHF websites, using WordPress custom themes, HTML5, CSS, and jQuery.
• Provided site tracking, analytics and Google AdWords campaigns for marketing department and corporate senior staff.
• Managed the development of online marketing strategies and tactics that helped generate increased site traffic and SEO.
• Monitored all corporate and affiliated websites to ensure consistency in communication of company brand and message.
Web Publisher at Law Promo
November, 2015 – May, 2016 Los Angeles, CA
• Provided client support and website maintenance of content for more than 400 Sole Practitioner and Law Firms (Joomla/ WordPress CMS).
• Ghostwriting articles for client websites and blogs – adhering to SEO and individual company standards.
• Interacted with clients on finding technological solutions for server, email and hosting problems.
• Generated original written copy for company blog – addressing topics relevant to target audience and educating audience on web topics such as responsive design (RWD), logo design, search engine marketing, site design ideas and content creation.
• Conducted template-based and custom website package sales and advise clients on ideal web package for their particular firm.
• Project Manager for existing and future website development and design.
• Advised current clients on web best practices, branding and keyword strategy.
Web/Graphic Designer (Internship) at Coalition Technologies
September, 2015 – November, 2015 Los Angeles, CA
• Created wireframes and mockups for clients (Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Optimized images for clients and redesigned layouts.
• Created style guides for clients on new website projects.
Senior Web Publisher at Loyalty One (AIR MILES)
November, 2012 – July, 2015 Toronto, ON
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of airmiles.ca, airmilesshops.ca, Sponsor websites, and all external websites in delivering the client’s online campaigns. Assists other developers in creating leading edge Flash and other advertisements.